Businesses and organizations of all sizes know the value of having a strong business marketing plan. Keeping up with the latest technology and consumer trends can help you stay ahead of the game when it comes to promoting your company, products or services. A few years ago, not many companies even had a Facebook page, but now, who doesn’t?
Just as we saw the revolution of social media marketing, we are now seeing the use of QR Codes as the latest mobile marketing tool companies and organizations are utilizing to build their business and promote their products and services. QR Codes have been seen on direct mail literature, business cards, storefront window displays, in-store POP displays, on packaging, product labels and even on T-shirts. The potential use for QR Codes is really unlimited.
What Is A QR Code?
A QR Code which is short for Quick Response Code is simply a 2-D barcode that is scanned by a smart phone’s camera which then transfers the embedded information to the user’s smart phone. That information could be a website URL, Contact information, an SMS message, a Phone Number or just Text. Users must have a QR Code reader app to scan and reveal the embedded contents of the QR Code.
How Can I Build My Business With QR Codes?
Marketing with QR Codes is extremely popular in Japan, but the use of QR Codes is still a fairly new concept in the US. However, you can expect their use to continue to grow at a fast pace. There is no doubt QR Codes are something technology savvy Americans will move to embrace rather quickly.
Right now, you may still need to give a bit of direction to explain how they work and what steps the person needs to take to access the information embedded in the QR Code.
Here are a few ways you can incorporate QR Codes into your marketing toolbox and take advantage of the growing popularity of this mobile technology.
- Print QR Codes on Business Cards. This may not seem like the most creative or unusual idea, but it is certainly the best place to start. By adding a QR Code to your printed business cards, you can give recipients valuable information such as links to social media accounts, that would otherwise not fit on your business card.
- Direct Mail Literature. Use QR Codes on direct mail pieces such as printed postcards, newsletters, flyers or brochures to entice customers to use their smart phones to reveal hidden savings or a special promotion. QR Codes on promotional materials could easily link to a YouTube video, such as an event or movie trailer, or to an online store web page with specific savings for those consumers.
- Product Packaging or Labels. Customers may want to learn more about your company or products. QR Codes on product packaging give you the opportunity to supply consumers additional information they might otherwise not take the time to find.
- Promotions and Giveaways. This is an easy one. People love to get Discounts on Stuff or even better, Free Stuff. Whatever the case may be, using QR Codes to help tie together your latest promotional campaign is a smart move.
- Store Windows and In-Store Displays. Encourage after-hour shoppers with QR Codes that link directly to products in your online store. You won’t lose a sale because your store is closed if customers can immediately link to, and purchase the very product they see in your store window. In-store product displays can link to valuable additional product information such as installation or assembly instructions.
There are limitless ways to harness the power of QR Codes into your business marketing strategy. Whatever creative ways you decide to use QR Codes, keep in mind that choosing a quality printing company is a crucial step to successful marketing with QR Codes. That last thing you want is to be stuck with QR Codes on printed materials that cannot be scanned because of inferior printing!
Use the FREE QR Code Generator at Print It Fast Online to generate and download QR Codes to use on your printed product designs.
Print It Fast Online provides discount prices on high quality printing with fast delivery right to your door. Our goal is 100% customer satisfaction each and every day. Call us toll free at (888) 831-4817 or email us at email@example.com for questions regarding utilizing QR Codes on any of your printed product designs.